RACE DAY, MONTH OF MAY (and JUNE), OUR WAY.
Everyone in Indy celebrates Race Day in the month of May out at the track. We celebrate each and every month at the War Memorial. Next month (in fact next week) we’re combining the two. Short and to the point, here’s the breakdown of what the month of June holds for NP Indy:
- 6/01: Friday @ 6a, our standard (which is to say fantastic) workout behind the Statehouse (Bicentennial Plaza).
- 6/06: Wednesday @ 6p, Global Running Day run & workout at Broad Ripple Athletic Annex, all free and hosted by Casey and Shaw, Dana Daprile Matis from Shred415 Indy, Athletic Annex Running Centre, and our good friends at lululemon Indianapolis…. this in addition to our traditional 5:28/6:15a Wed morn workout at the War Memorial, of course.
- 6/08: Friday @ 6:30a, WE’RE WORKING OUT AT THE INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY. Note the time, fifteen min later than our traditional Friday workout start time. Logistical details to come very soon. Tell ten friends and tell those ten friends to tell ten more. In other words, pyramid scheme the hell out of this thing; there’s plenty of room. We encourage anyone coming into town for No Coast to head to Indy a day early if possible and join for this workout in this Stadium To Rule Them All. Shout-out to Antwione Haywood for the connection! Please RSVP (or #justshowup), preferably both.
- 6/09: Saturday @ 12p (noon), We kick off this year’s No Coast Summit where we’ll be hosting tribesfolks from all our neighboring Midwest tribes. Please RSVP. Schedule will look something like this: Noon: meet on the lawn in front of the Indiana State Museum. 12:30-4p exercise/city exploration activity with friends. 6p meet-up at a stout local brew spot, taking time to refresh in between our two main events. Thanks to all offering up spots to our out-of-town visitors!
- 6/13: Wednesday @ 5:28 and 6:15a, Annual NP Yearbook Photos. We’ll incorporate this into the normal workout in a fun and creative way. Theme to come. Last year we repped our city; I challenge you to top this. Asking that folks leave a little wiggle room for a tribe-wide pic at about 6:05a when both groups somewhat overlap. Stay a little late or arrive a little early, respectively, for this if you can. Amanda Reynolds has again volunteered to do this for us; big thanks!!
- 6/16: Saturday @10a, Kickoff to our Summer Plogging Series with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful. For this one, the first of four this summer, we’ll meet at Centerpoint Brewery for a themed team jog + trash and recycling clean-up along part of the Monon Trail. Please RSVP.