The New Year is well on it’s way and it’s time to start signing up for those 2020 races you’ve had your eye on. February is also trail month at NPSD and we want to take it to the next level this year! Introducing…. NPSD FEBRUARY FIVE PEAKS CHALLENGE!
What is this you ask? In short… you’ve got the entire month of February to walk/hike/run/crawl your way up to the top of the 5 peaks at Mission Trails (that’s North Fortuna, South Fortuna, Pyles, Cowles and Kwaay Paay to be specific). At the top of each you MUST take a picture with the sign at the summit. Then, once you’ve completed the challenge, post all 5 pictures of you in all your glory on instagram and tag #NPSDFebFivePeakChallenge and #NovemberProjectSD. At the end of the month we’ll randomly select 1 winner and donate up to $100 on any race entry for 2020!!
- You must summit all 5 mission trail peaks and take a picture with the sign at the summit
- Pictures can be selfies, taken by a friend/stranger or a group picture!
- Five peaks are: North Fortuna, South Fortuna, Pyles, Cowles and Kwaay Paay
- This must all happen in FEBRUARY (aka: no pictures from the middle of July please) but DO NOT have to happen all in one day, weekend, week. Thanks to the leap year, you get all 29 days this February to complete this mission!
- Your contest submission: Post all 5 summit pictures (one post please, we can’t be tracking 5 different posts for all of you) on Instagram and tag #NPSDFebFivePeakChallenge and #NovemberProjectSD
- If you do not have Instagram you can email all 5 pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winner of the 2020 $100 race fee prize will be randomly selected at the March 4th workout at balboa park! (You don’t have to be present to win but it’d be a lot cooler if you were.)
BONUS: Mission trails also gives you a super sick certificate and pin for completing the 5 peak challenge. Go here to find out more! https://mtrp.org/5-peak-challenge/
FACEBOOK EVENT HERE: https://www.facebook.com/events/679578769246960/
Share via socials: