Each year, the Montréal Pride Festival organizes various community events to raise public awareness of the current issues surrounding the LGBTQ+ community, both on a local and international level.
This year, the festival is held between August 8-18. In support of our sexual and gender diverse communities, we have organized a few special events:
- Friday pop-up workout
- Saturday Bike (P)ride
- When? Saturday, Aug 17th at 1:00 p.m.
- Where? Meet at Passerelle Atwater (opposite side of Atwater Market)
- What? All-level ~25 km bike ride to the Village passing through the beautiful Île-des-Sœurs and Parc Jean-Drapeau where we will visit the kiosks at Community Day
- Full details of the route here on Strava
- Sunday Pride Parade
- When? Sunday, Aug 18th at 12:45 p.m.
- Where? Meet at Phillips Square (near McGill metro station)
- What? Attend the Montréal Pride Parade 2019!
In addition to supporting the LGBTQ+ community through these events and educating ourselves about the issues and struggles that our LGBTQ+ friends may face, we will be rainbow tagging shirts this week.
But before we get too ahead of ourselves, we would really like to encourage you to take a step back and reflect on what it means to wear a rainbow tag. Please read this very well-written guest blog post from NP Baltimore, which was written 2 years ago by Hallie, but remains very relevant and informative.
We hope that you can make it out to one of these special events this week! Otherwise, you can also find us every Wednesday morning at 6:29 a.m., at the Percival Molson Memorial Stadium (summer location).
See you soon!
Share via socials: