When there is so little light throughout the entire workout, sometimes the light of the garbage truck driving by is everything we need just to take a single photo that isn’t a solid frame of darkness. (check out the entire Facebook album for today)
It’s the days of long darkness, and barely a few hours of light — but the light is coming. Starting tomorrow, the days will start to get longer. Mere minutes each day, but day-by-day, we’ll find ourselves seeing the sun come up just a little earlier and stay out with us just a little later.
No matter the amount of darkness or the number of hill repeats we do in the damn dark, we keep running. We keep moving. We keep gathering as a tribe to bring out the strength that is so much stronger when we’re together.
Which is what we did this morning, running back hill repeats in the pouring rain. And it’s what we’ll do together tonight for our winter Run + Social, called Relay for Light.
Relay for Light: Run + Social tonight
More details in THE BLOG from earlier this week, but the basics are here:
- WHEN: tonight, Friday Dec 21. 7:30pm – 12am
- WHERE: meet-up outside Boston Beer Works, Fenway. Social to be held there following group run.
- WHAT: 7:30pm group RUN. 8pm – 12am SOCIAL at Boston Beer Works, Fenway + RELAY for Light tribe collective run (laps around the outside of Fenway Park)
- WHAT ELSE: you can get #GrassrootsGear tagged during the social–just bring dry clothes in a plastic bag–don’t wear your gear for the run.
- THE THEME: Lights! Lit AF. Bright, NEON, reflective, glowing. All of the lights.
Monday Destination Deck
On Christmas Eve, we’re still showing up–get your fitness in before the holiday!! 6:29am. We’re meeting at the Christmas tree in Seaport Common. Map right here. JUST SHOW UP JUST SHOW UP JUST SHOW UP.