Welcome back to your Weekly Wednesday Workout recap – see below:
- 5:30AM CREW: We had 5 humans #WakeUpTheSun by the names of Jess, Reva, Jeremy, Dan, and Remi. These lucky five got to join me (you’re welcome) with testing out a NEW PR WORKOUT which will debut in AUGUST. You can ask them and they have been sworn to secrecy… besides what we shared on the inter webs through our Strava’s…
- NEWBIES: THREE (two for Sarah, one for Tara) by the names of Dante, Matthew, and James.
- BOUNCE: We warmed up our legs and our vocal chords with counting squats from 1 – 10 (proud of everyone)
- #PRDAY WORKOUT: Our 3.2(ISH)K / 8 lap, loop-de-loop course has been holding it down since our pledge days. Our newbie Dante broke it in with a close to record time of 20:35 and our fastest lady of the day, Diane, finished with a 23:40 for the morning. Crushin’ it.
Announcements were as follows:
- Birthdays (BEST DAYS): We celebrated Grace with 4 RESOUNDING ‘Birthday Booms’ and she in turn invited us to her born-day bar meet-up. NBD.
- Upcoming Races:
- This weekend (SAT 7/21): the NYRR training series kicks off for the TCS NYC Marathon with the Central Park 12-Miler
- Next weekend (SAT 7/28): TEAM CHAMPS 5-Miler – IF YOU’RE NOT RACING, YOU’RE CHEERING. All details will be revealed in due course…
- All race information can be found here: https://www.nyrr.org
- Social: LINK FOR GROUP ON FACEBOOK HERE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1959559074328374/
- ROLLER SKATING SOCIAL: Abby to post the official event by the end of the week, STAY TUNED.
- Global Climbing Day: This year, The North Face is activating a fundraising effort by offering free climbing at specific gyms around the world, with each person who shows up to a gym counting towards the final donation. Up for it? The day is a Saturday (8/18/18) and we may need to make the trek to The Cliffs out in LIC – more information to come on our local side of things. For now, read up on the initiative here: https://www.thenorthface.com/featured/walls.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=fb&utm_term=0&utm_campaign=walls2018&utm_content=brand
P.S. Don’t forget to have a great day.
Share via socials: