Welcome to Friday folks. ‘Twas a good morning in Santa Monica spent frolicking around Tongva park even though the sun decided to stay hidden. Often times a picture is worth 1,000 words so I’m going to let Lily’s magic speak for this morning. This.shit.is.good.
Today we are getting to know Stephen Ruiz, a guy who likes to crack jokes and has the signature “jump for the camera” move. But I’ll let him share a little bit more about himself and when you see him at a workout, go over, say hi, high five. That’s how we get to know one another better 🙂
- First workout – Nov 27th/2015
- Angeleno or transplant – I was born and raised in Miami, FL, but after multiple pit stops around the globe, I’ve called LA home for the last 12 years
- Favorite workout – I’m a fan of “Run Centric” workouts, but I also love Barnsdall in the Fall, because the sunrise is unmatched
- Why do you keep showing up? – I was introduced to the tribe when I was pretty content with my lot in life. Despite that, I always feel that surrounding yourself with people that bring out the best in you helps you grow. In the rare moments where my thoughts go dark, I think about a recent workout, or one of Jonathan’s meme references, or Arri screaming out a “FUCK YEAH” and it causes me to smile. The tribe in many respects is the keel that always keeps my soul above water.
- Superpower – Memory
- Spirit animal – Dolphins
- Occupation – I work in the periphery of advertising
- Any nicknames – “Roodog”
- Ice cream flavor that represents your personality – Cookies and Cream (I am sweet, but sometimes I get stuck in your teeth and that’s a pain, but still awesome
- Proudest moment: Stay tuned…
Thank you for being here.
BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE
JULY SOCIAL EVENT TOMORROW!!! – Joel has created an epic social for this month…YOGA at the awesome Modo LA Studio. Click HERE for the Signup ** Go ahead and sign the waiver and then message Joel that you would like to be added to the list.
North Face Endurance Challenge CA: Sign up. It’ll be fun.
NP SUMMIT – IT WILL BE SO MUCH FUN. Have you enjoyed getting to know people in the tribe and then getting to know more people in other tribes? Yes? Great. SIGN UP! There’s a great spreadsheet where folks are filling up teams/transport/housing and if you use NP20 you’ll get a solid 20% discount on the race of your choosing. We’ll be out there running 50ks to 5ks so there’s plenty to choose from.
Fun Fact: Tongva Park is named after the Native American tribe that inhabited the Los Angeles Basin and Southern California Islands.
Do Good LA.Share via socials: