November Project SNOWGLOBE 3.0 is a mere 55 days away!
Here in the Great White North-East and the equally Great White Slightly Further South-East have been hard at work getting ready to host our favourite people (yes, that’s how we spell favourite) for some snow-filled. fun. free. fitness. on Feb. 9-12, 2023.
Here’s what you need to know right now:
- You can register for this super fun event here!
- The eager beaver cost (before Jan 1st) to register is $18.50 USD or $25 CAD. (The regular beaver cost is $22 USD or $30 CAD).
- For accommodations, Sonder has some great properties in Ottawa that can be found here. You can use the code NOVEMBERPROJECT10 to get 10% off your booking!
- The “O’Connor” property is closest to the location of Friday morning’s workout / Friday night’s outing / the start of Saturday’s race.
- “Rideau” is a great option if you want to be right downtown
- Our friends at Brooks have provided us with some awesome swag that will definitely be the perfect finishing touch to your Snowglobe look!
- Quantities are limited and will be offered to the first 100 people who register. So yes, this means you would be an eager beaver with a swag surprise.
Note: Schedule updated on Feb. 8, 2023
The schedule for the weekend is shaping up to be fun filled and snowy! Here’s what we’ve got in store:
THURSDAY, FEB. 9
- Arrive, get settled
- Remember that our speed limits aren’t ridiculously high, they’re just in kilometers
- Check In Meet & Greet
- Time: 7:30pm or whenever you arrive
- Location: The Clocktower Brew Pub (575 Bank St), Lower Level
- Come check in, collect your kit, put on your wristband – you will need it for certain weekend activities – and meet some new friends! Free parking available at the pub. Don’t drink and drive.
FRIDAY, FEB. 10
- Work out with NP Ottawa
- Time: 6:29am
- Location: Lansdowne Park (1015 Bank St.)
- Meet between the Aberdeen Pavilion and the Great Lawn.
- Bring ONE shirt per person to tag (you will collect them after the race, or at the party).
- If you are volunteering for the race, please stay after the workout for more details!
- Refuel with NP Ottawa
- Time: 7:30am
- Location: Head to breakfast/coffee @ multiple locations on Bank Street.
- See map here for ideas: SNOWGLOBE 2023
- Find a friendly Canadian to show you the way
- If you were unable to collect your kit on Thursday, please find Rebecca at Kettleman’s.
- Time: 10am
- Feel like skating? There is an outdoor rink at Lansdowne (no rentals though), or check out the Rink of Dreams at City Hall: Programs and public spaces at Ottawa City Hall Rentals available: Final Pass Pro Shop
- Time: 12:30-3pm
- Location: Rideau Curling Club (715 Cooper St.)
- CURLING IS FULL. Non participants are welcome to come cheer on the curlers/hang out in the lounge. (Lesson is from 12:30-1pm, curling is 1-3pm)
- Other fun activities
- If you’re not curling, we suggest checking out Winterlude activities at Jacques Cartier Park! Snowflake Kingdom, co-produced with the Ville de Gatineau — Winterlude – Canada.ca
- Ottawa 67’s Hockey Game
- Time: 7:00pm
- Location: TD Place (same spot as the workout)
- Tickets must be purchased separately, with the following link. We have a whole section just for us!!: https://fevo.me/novemberprojectsnowglobe
- Post Hockey Game – If you feel like extending your night, here are some places we like, listed in order of proximity to TD Place arena, walking down Bank Street:
- Local Lansdowne
- Irene’s Pub ($15 cover – live music)
- Glebe Central Pub
- Thr33’s Co.
SATURDAY, FEB. 11
- SNOWGLOBE RACE (aka the Mystery Map Race)
- Time: 8:00 am (Race starts at 8:15am!)
- Start point: Lansdowne Park (same as Friday’s workout)
- End point: City Hall/Rink of Dreams
- Bounce. Form teams, create a team name.
- Race distance approx 3-7mi or 5-10k. Approx time to complete: 1-2 hours.
- Race end is a different location! Do NOT come back to Lansdowne Park!
- Post Race Breakfast/Coffee
- Time: 1pm
- Rink of Dreams Programs and public spaces at Ottawa City Hall
- Rentals available: Final Pass Pro Shop
- Visit Winterlude events on Sparks Street after skating (ice sculptures, Street art, Drag Shows 2-5pm Sparks Street — Winterlude – Canada.ca, Option to join in with the Experience Ottawa group at 3:30pm at the National War Memorial for the last part of the walk.
- “Experience Ottawa” Walk
- Time: 1pm
- Meet at the Centennial Flame at Parliament Hill. This group will visit the Byward Market, Sparks Street, and Elgin Street. There will be some photo ops along the way and we will share some of our favourite spots for local food and drinks!
- Snowglobe – Experience Ottawa
- SNOWGLOBE Party
- Time: 8:00 PM
- Location: Orange Art Gallery – 290 City Centre Ave.
- Awards Ceremony, Games, Dancing, All ages welcome.
SUNDAY, FEB. 12
…or stay a few extra days and come join us Wednesday at 6:29am 😉
Don’t forget to take advantage of the eager beaver pricing before Jan 1st, make sure your passports are valid, and your seemingly unnecessary apologies prepared. HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!!
NP Ottawa-Toronto-Montreal-Syracuse-BuffaloShare via socials: