Burnouts lately have been included as more of an extra surprise rather than a given at each and every workout. Don’t worry, it’s not like we forgot that they exist. But folks seem to think we have forgotten them and we’ve gotten plenty of requests lately. Maybe it’s so they can reserve some energy during the workout or maybe something to look forward to. Now, I’m all for a good burnout, but I also hope that we are all leaving it out there and during the workout and if there does happen to be a little extra spice, it’s just twice as nice. 😉
Today’s workout was a mix of Three’s Company with one member running down the Observatory hill, another member planking, and a third member squatting. Notice how there was no burpee exercise there? Oh yes, we planned that just right because this morning’s twice as nice spice happened to be a set of Sebastians. For those of you not familiar with this, it was 7 minutes of burpees. What a nice welcome back burnout.
This week in our edition of “Know Your Tribe,” we get to meet, re-meet, know, etc. Logan Eastman.
- First workout –4/5/17 at Griffith
- Angeleno or transplant –I moved from Western NY/PA
- Favorite workout –Baldwin Hills steps. There’s a great 360 degree view of the city that makes the effort it takes to get to top really worth it and the run down breezy
- Why do you keep showing up? – I show up because not only have I made some good friends, but it’s easy to stay committed and steadily improve when surrounded by people who are supportive and fun no matter how you might be feeling that day.
- Superpower – I type over 90 WPM (like way over)
- Spirit animal – A kitten riding a baby elephant
- Occupation – Production Coordinator and Writer
- Any nicknames – Log (Loag), Log (Loags), Logie.
- Proudest moment –Finishing a relay race after running through the desert all night in Joshua Tree
^^ We also said see you later to a solid 5:27 member Missy. May you have a wonderful trek to Ohio and we’ll see you ever so soon! (I don’t believe in goodbyes…)
NP SUMMIT SUMMIT SUMMIT – September 15th-16th in Wisconsin. CHEESE. This is a great time to meet other NP folks and you can run a solo race, relay race, relay with anothre tribe, etc. etc. Check out this handy dandy Google Excel Doc for more logistics. OH and to save $$, register right here! and use code “NP20” for 20% off.
Better than Bedtime – IT’S COMING BACK! Sunday June 10th. Flyers and Facebook event (no, not paperless post) will be coming soon.
Fun Fact: Sebastian’s (from The Little Mermaid) full name is Horatio Felonious Ignacious Crustaceous Sebastian.
Do Good LA.Share via socials: