This last week had me feeling like the couple in this 2014 Rick Mercer skit. Is it true? Is the weather changing?!
In follow up to our weather convo during the holiday Monday Zoom call, here is a ‘Random fact of the day’ for those reading this blog: Environment Canada defines probability of precipitation or POP as “the chance that measurable precipitation’ (0.2 mm of rain or 0.2 cm of snow) will fall on any random point of the forecast region during the forecast period.” So when the weather person says “there is a 100% chance of 0.2mm of rain in Edmonton today,” they can simply be saying that somewhere in Edmonton there will be 0.2mm of rain, not that every surface of Edmonton is guaranteed to be covered by 0.2mm of rain…unless they say that specially. Edmonton is not a small land mass and I was far too old when I learned about this distinction.
Ok enough of the weather talk. Congratulations to everyone for making it over halfway through the February Challenge!! We’ve already got the gears turning for next month so tell your friends and stay tuned! FYI we will have another monthly social at the end of this month (Feb 28 @9:30 – link will be in our social media bios) where we’ll connect in with your teams one last time and hand out prizes!
Here’s the tally as of today:
As Lazina shared in last week’s blog the little comments you are all sharing with your tally submissions have been great! Here are my favs from this week:
- It may be cold outside, but you guys keep us warm inside!! <3
- Death to reverse burpees
- I wonder if anybody posts Before/After pictures like a NP Challenge Transformation or if that can be a thing? These workouts are intense!
- Those knee/elbow planks were awesome. I’m stealing those for future workouts!
- Skipping November Project is not considered resistance training.
- “I saw ‘Wedding Crashers’ accidentally. I bought a ticket for ‘Grizzly Man’ and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater but I kept waiting. Cause that’s the thing about bear attacks… they come when you least expect it.”
….those knee to elbow planks get me every time too!!!
Hope you all have a great rest of your week!
Keep being awesome,
No news is good news unless its about buffs (which is sadly still ‘no news’)
Social on Feb 28 @930am (link will be in our social media bios)Share via socials: