Just before I close my eyes at night, after checking to ensure that my alarm has been correctly set for the 5th time, I reflect on at least 5 things for which I am grateful. It is a practice that I have done for quite some time, finding it nice to end my day thinking of the blessings I have, in spite of whatever else might be going on in my life. I try to finish each day with a smile on my face.
Some days it is definitely easier than others. Last night as I was preparing for this morning and laying out clothes for our weekend trip to Canmore and the Grizzly Ultra I checked Sunday’s forecast. Seeing a call for cool weather and rain was a bit of a blow as up until last night it was forecasted to be sunny. I was definitely in a bit of a funk when I went to bed because if you know me 0-10 degrees and rainy is my least favourite weather to run in.
However, an episode of “The Good Place”, sharing some laughs with Rob and a snuggle with Buddy helped to mellow me out and then, just as I was closing my eyes I took the time to think of my 5 things. Here there are:
- I am grateful to my parents who came and read to grade 4 classes at my school for Read-In-Week.
- I am grateful that I have multiple options for gear to take to Canmore so I can be prepared for whatever mother nature throws at me.
- I am grateful for friends who will meet me at 5:15 am for a shakeout run and a community who continues to show up and fill my bucket.
- I am grateful for the candies I was gifted even though I am trying to eat less sugar and they gave me a sugar high.
- I am grateful for my 2 Robs (my husband’s name is Rob and my son is Robby) – this is always my 5th and final reflection before I fall asleep
This morning the November Project community shared their gratitude so beautifully. I speak for myself, Nadim and Rob when I say THANK YOU! Thank you for continuing to show up and trusting us to create space for the magic of NP to happen. None of this would be possible without each and every one of you. Your messages on the hill will be a highlight of my day that I will reflect upon tonight. Thank you for bringing the light and warmth on a chilly dark morning.
I wish everyone a wonderful long weekend. I hope you find time to practice gratitude in a way that works for you.
#justshowup 6 AM
- Monday – East side of Walterdale Bridge – there are 3 sitters who are excited to share their energy with you as Nadim, Rob and I will be away.
- Wednesday – Royal Glenora Stairs
- Walterdale Hill
Announcements -Register & Mark It In Your Calendars
Not that we want to rush October but…November is a big month for November Project and we have some exciting things planned for our community! The first two announcements are below! Stay tuned for more!
NP Bowling Social
- It has been far too long since we planned an NP social event, so we figured it would be a great way to kickoff November.
- We’re reserving a ton of lanes for an afternoon of throwing balls down lanes. Everyone is invited, even the kids!
- Get your ticket through Eventbrite if you plan on coming so we can make sure there’s a spot saved for you and so that you can bowl. Reserving your ticket here is free, but you will have to pay for your bowling/shoes/snacks/drinks when you are at Plaza Bowling.
- Reserve your tickets Here (password is verbal)
Brogan and Bojan are coming to Edmonton
- You may or may not have heard that the founders of NP, Brogan and Bojan are making their return to Edmonton at the start of November.
- They’re going to be joining us to spread magic, free fitness dust on all of us at the Royal Glenora Stairs on November 6th. You’ll want to be there.
- They’re also going to be doing a keynote at the Ignite 360 Conference in Kananaskis from November 7-9th.
- If you’re interested in heading to the conference, we’ve been given a NP rate to the conference. Follow this link for details on the conference and to get the NP discount, or type in the promo code “I360NovProj19” when registering.
Until next time…SMILE! JShare via socials: