Well it’s week two of #APRHILLS and everyone is still crushing it out there.
Current score totals:
- 422 – Team Kait
- 398 – Team Mess
Team Kait still holds the lead but I’m going to need some folks on my team to start dropping those verbals again! Let’s get a little recruiting going on! 🙂 Team Mess came out in full force for 6:30 and racked up a total of 72 hills! I wasn’t sure if he was joking or not but sure enough, they had the numbers to back it up. As a reminder, anyone that you recruit to NP, automatically is on your team (**IF** you have already been to APRHILLS and have been assigned a team).
Keep it up and don’t forget to spread that #APRHILL love.
Now that we are satisfied with our hills for breakfast, let’s meet Will Aguila, also known as “Young Will”.
- First workout: #seanearlyrecruit in April 2016 (for three months only) but came back February 2018
- Angeleno or transplant: Born in Connecticut but grew up in the LA metro since 1st grade.
- Favorite workout: Chinatown.
- Why do you keep showing up?: I want to be a runner when I grow up and I like participating in the tribe’s “smiles, hugs and high-fives” program.
- Superpower: Part-time OCD and can remember the smallest/weirdest details.
- Spirit animal: Eagle
- Occupation: Entertainment Finance
- Any nicknames: #np_lax calls me Young Will. However, my entire family and closest childhood friends call me Jet. I was born in the east coast the year the NY Jets won the Super Bowl. My dad started calling me Jet and it stuck. If someone calls out “Jeff” I usually turn around.
- Proudest moment: Cycling 545 miles from SF to LA with AIDS LifeCycle.
Young Will, we’re happy you’re here.
Battle of the Babysitters – Announcement coming oh so soon with our fabulous Babysitter lineup!
Finish the Ride/Run – Don’t wait to sign up! We’ll have lots of fun out there walking/running the course and if you are in more of a cheer station mode, we’ll be setting up camp along the route. It’s a great way to spend a Sunday morning and plenty of room for recruiting in our backyard.
PICTURE DAY! – We’re going back to the 90’s on May 11. Ample of time to get your outfits in order 😉
Friday at 6am – Baldwin Hills. We are meeting at the top of the road or “backside” of Baldwin. Stay tuned for a Picasso-esque map.
FUN FACT: On this day in history – on April 11, 1970, Apollo 13 launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida!Share via socials: