The proverbial mountain was climbed once again this morning. If you do not know what I’m talking about, its because you didn’t show up and maybe, just maybe, you broke a verbal and you may want to take this time to look in the mirror and apologize to yourself. Moving on… What was different about the mountain that we climbed this morning than the mountains we have climbed during NP before. Well, it was a little darker and a little colder this time. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that’s not going to change any time too soon. That is unless of course Denver does as Denver normally does and drops inexplicable weather on us and gives us more 80 degree days in January than sunny days in March. But we won’t know that until the season is over so let’s talk real talk about what we’re up against now. Colder and darker doesn’t have to be a bad thing. In fact, it’s literally the same thing as showing up for NP in the summer: same time, same people, same hugs, same motivations, same awkward bounces, same result. So why should cold and dark even be a variable? This is your formal challenge to become part of our winter core, and to bring your friends a long with you. The colder winter workouts build a lot of character and a tighter community. Trust me, we’ve done the winter twice now at NP5280 so we can statistically tell you that you have no reason to #notshowup. If you’re still teetering on the edge, let me provide a few more reasons of why NP in the winter is great:
1. How many people can get to work and say they already saw half- all of their friends before 7am. That’s a recipe for a good lookin day!
2. Keep your beach bod going all winter long so come spring you can tackle a 14er or a 50k or a bear that just awoke from hibernating at the drop of a hat.
3. Troy will be there giving out high fives and fuck yeas because Troy is always giving out high fives and fuck yeas and that alone should be enough to keep you going and not break your verbals.
4. Hot, hot showers when you get home. That’s my favorite part.
6. You’ll become a lot more tough (translation: stop giving p*ssy excuses and learn that the sky really is the limit, so long as you just. show. up.)
7. Ski legs!
Thoroughly convinced? Thought so. Also, HAPPY SECOND NP-VERSARY SARG! Lookin forward to co-leading with you throughout your terrible twos!
On Friday, we’ll see you at the old stomping grounds that are Governor’s Park (7th and Pennsylvania) at 5:30 and 6:15am.
xoxo MollzShare via socials: