NP Log, star date 74041.6. We are in the forth month of our COVID closure and while the challenges of our separation seemed immense early on, the crew on board the USS Edmonton have found many ways to find joy in these times. Their continued efforts are inspiring. To boldly social distance and limit the spread of disease… that is our continuing mission…
Sidebar – Ok maybe I had to look up how to calculate a stardate and I butchered a Captain Kirk quote but how cool would the USS Edmonton be?! We’d have awesome running tracks, tons of hockey arenas, water parks, funiculars to get between floors – it would be great!!
Sidebar of a sidebar – anyone else watch hockey last night? I may not be the biggest #sports fan but it felt like a bit of normalcy had returned.
Hello again avid blog reader I hope you are doing well. I can tell you with certainty that while I am doing well myself I am also MELTING IN THIS HEAT! Does anyone have any staying cool tips? I have my fan on high and may or may not have crushed an entire quart of ice cream (mint chip for the win!!) – which probably isn’t a sustainable method of staying cool haha.
Thank you to everyone who showed up during the NP Birthday celebrations. Going through everyone’s photos to see your smiling faces really made me happy. In keeping with that momentum we have a new twist of the #SeenOnMyRun event for this weekend (details below). I hope you all can make it.
August Long Weekend #SeenOnMyRun
Date: Monday, Aug 3rd
Time: 7:00am – 8:10 am
Location: Anywhere outdoors
- 7:00am – On our Instagram Story, we’ll post a list of 10 things you’ll need to find on your run/ride/walk. Your starting point is wherever you are. Hint: unlike the last few times we aren’t going to ask you to find specific things. Get your thinking caps ready, we’re excited to see what you come up with!
- 7:01am – You have 59 minutes to find as many things on the list as possible and take a picture of it. Everything must be found outdoors.
- 8:00am – Workout ends and you should be back at your starting point.
- 8:02am – We’ll gather on Zoom using the following link for the group photo and birthday BOOM. Meeting ID: 788 9119 2507 Passcode: NPNP
- 8:10am – Optional Social – We’ll leave the room open for anyone who wants to stick around and connect with others on the call
Rules: Please obey physical distancing guidelines and restrictions that are in place.
As always I hope you are doing well. If you ever need someone to shoot the shit with, spill the tea, or if you just need to connect with someone feel free to reach out directly anytime.
Keep being awesome,
Aug long weekend scavenger hunt – 7am start. Hint: unlike the last time we aren’t going to ask you to find specific things. Get your thinking caps ready, we’re excited to see what you come up with!
What’s in the bag? – We’ve played our final game of What’s in the Bag?!?!? and we need to know who has the full set! Send us a DM before the end of the month (including a picture of you and your set of buttons).
Virtual NP SUMMIT 8 – Details can be found here.Share via socials: