As was mentioned last week, July is a month that we have identified to launch a recruiting challenge. The rules will be explained further down, but the notion or intention that I want to really land with you all, is that recruiting should never stop.
Think about it. Think about the fact the Brooklyn was the 40th tribe to come on board for November Project. Forty. Thirty-nine other tribes came on before us, and the only reason that happened is because the cities and tribes before them spread the word. And the people before them talked about it with complete strangers. And the people before them posted about it on social media. And the people before them (we may have gotten to the beginning of this bread-crumb, jump down the rabbit hole analogy), two guys in particular – decided that they both would commit to showing up for the other. And, kept showing up.
Each tribe varies in size, vibe, and passport tag. But what doesn’t change is the run down of the workout, leaders who are there to support and motivate you through your workout, a group of humans who want to connect, it’s
fucking free, and that recruiting as many people as possible to keep this boat afloat is not only essential – it IS the one thing that keeps this whole movement FRESH / ENERGIZED / INSPIRING.
So, when was the last time YOU brought someone to your home tribe workout? Did they come for that one workout and never came back? Or are they now arriving earlier to the workout than you and attending every social that has been thrown in the mix since?
Either way, here in Brooklyn, we want to see what you’re made of. These are the rules for #RecruitingInJuly – see below:
- Every Wednesday in July, after the workout: the points will be tallied by one of your leaders and put into an excel spreadsheet. Again, at the END of THE WORKOUT – no IOU’s, “Oops, I did it again,” moments – find us after the workout to etch your points into Excel spreadsheet history.
- POINTS: not all humans brought to the workout are weighed equal (WOOF – that sounds awful. And, for this purpose – we mean this in a fun, competitive way to challenge WHO you convince to come through). They will be weighed. They will be measured. And they will be found valued…based on the following:
- ONE POINT: Recruiting Papers, Happy Hour, or due to your spray-painted, tagged shirt #GrassrootsGear
- TWO POINTS: Friend, Co-Worker, or Family.
- THREE POINTS: Another City or Stranger.
- FOUR POINTS: Mid Workout or Date.
- FIVE POINTS: Met at a running test… #RaceEverything
- FIFTEEN POINTS: Celebrity (Spike Lee, Malcolm Gladwell, or even Barbra Streisand)
- Have fun with it. This is, after all, a competition. OH, THAT’S RIGHT – there is a prize on the line for winning…
Alrighty, see you tomorrow. Bring your humans, worthy of all points and then some.
Don’t forget: there’s a BIG announcement tomorrow. That means, we’re kicking off our regularly scheduled programing a little bit earlier.
Fun kicks off at 6:20 AM.
Same place: Fort Greene Park, by the Prisoner Ship Martyr’s Monument.
@sierra_missedShare via socials: