- KISS – 2 laps on the stairs while your partner defies death while box jumping and dipping.
- Kipp has a thing for little people. All evidence is posted publicly on Venmo.
- Hats with furry balls are so in right now.
- Ice on Troy’s beard is something dreams are made of.
- I owe Gabby a new pair of pants after nearly trampling her to death. In semi-related news, I’ve become exceptional at changing diapers.
- Sara Mams gave the warmest, fuzziest speech about our NP family as she handed off the Positivity Award to Tylyn.
This blog is short and simply to express my gratitude for the existence of this thing and you people within. Waking up so damn early to exercise is rarely an easy task, and sometimes it’s just downright uncomfortable. Without waxing too much philosophic, it’s in the uncomfortable that life is made. I’ve been waking up way too damn early for over 4 years with NP5280. Some mornings I’ve been hyped to the ceiling, some mornings it’s a struggle just to lift my feet off the floor. In the midst of these peaks and valleys, never once have I regretted showing up. No matter where I’m at that day, you never fail to lift me even higher than before, carrying me through my day with a bigger smile and lighter feet. I’m better in a million ways because of you.
Keep that in mind when you set your alarms, when they go off, after they go off when you’re seriously considering saying “fuck it”, when you stumble to the bathroom to toss some water on your face, when you’re ambling to the workout, still bleary eyed and half-awake, when you go to work, and when you meet people on the street. This shit is good. It’s worth it. Every. Fucking. Time. Just show up.
Don’t lose that vibe. Don’t fake that funk.
FRI: Millennium Bridge off 15th & Little Raven
3/7/18: We race NP-NOLA in a Sunrise 6k. Winner gets a zero expenses paid trip to Truth or Consequences, NM. Seriously.Share via socials: