Just like that, another beautiful stadium morning in the books! Of course, this is assuming that your definition of beautiful includes early morning wakeups, sweating, and burning legs (if you’re reading this, it probably does).
Today, we added some extra spice to our stairs. Small teams gathered at the bottom of each section of stairs while one runner made their way all the way to the top to pick a card. The runner returned this card to their trusted team, who had been patiently awaiting the return of the runner by holding a plank, a wall sit, or some other enjoyable position of their choosing. Based on the suit and number of the card, the team then had some extra work to do before sending the next runner up to collect another card. Not that there are any winners and losers at NP Ottawa – but the team with the MOST cards at the end of the workout did receive eternal glory. Our sources tell us that the team with the FEWEST cards as well as the teams with ANY ARBITRARY NUMBER of cards also experienced the same warm fuzziness of endorphins and bagels in the morning. Precise measurements of “eternal glory” were not available at the time of this blog post.
Whether you made it to 10 cards, 20 cards, or a whole deck… we all played the cards we were dealt. And somehow, playing those cards while surrounded by a community of smiling, sweaty companions makes the whole game worthwhile. We think so at least (and if you’re still reading this, you probably think so, too).
Special shout out to Alex, Chalaine, Erin, and Danielle, whose bingo skills over the past two weeks earned them some pretty sweet Brooks gear (in addition to even more eternal glory). Well done, folks!
Thank you for sharing your morning with us. We hope your legs still work tomorrow. If they don’t, we hope you still come back next week.
Rebecca & Becca
- Check out https://www.instagram.com/p/CTxYIPCpmsg/ for more info on the Knockaround signature movement contest. You could win a $3000 prepaid VISA, which is almost as good as eternal glory.
- Stay tuned for more info on the Virtual Summit Relay option (details coming on Friday)
- The 10th Anniversary Buff Design contest is underway. Check it out here: https://november-project.com/the-10th-anniversary-buff-design-contest/
- Meet at the same spot next week (Gate 1)!
- If you’re still reading, you know what to do. Pet a dog.