“Don’t tell me good job!”
“Please push me!”
As leaders, we always want to push people, but some times we need to be told “Hey, I’m not happy with where I’m at. Push me harder. Help make me stronger. Call me out when I’m not pushing myself or have bad form”.
All stuff we love to hear.
Here are some guidelines:
- Be present – Think about what you are doing and why you are with us. If your mind is on the million other things going on in your life, it takes away how effective you can focus on strengthening your body.
- Communicate, Connect, Compete – Our community is strong and supportive. Talk with those around you about their fitness goals. Know who is faster and stronger. Who is closest to you in your current ability. Tell that person(s) to hold you accountable at the next workout and to push you. Find that person that is slower than you and challenge them to be better; to do more.
- Believe – We ask everyone to work hard and to do a lot of different exercises. You don’t have to love or even like everything we do, but know that you can do them. Know that you are capable of doing them all. Get one more out than last time, no, two more! We have the utmost confidence that you will succeed and will cheer you the entire way. You know better than we do what you are capable of.
- No fear of failure – Test yourself to exhaustion. Give it your all. Everyday your 100% effort changes. Stress/Health/Emotion/Life affect all of this. Give today your best and do not compare that to or against any previous day.
We’re here for you. To celebrate with you. The good, the bad, the ugly. Hugs, sweat, hugs. Rinse, repeat, start over.
Notes & Announcements
Two Year Anniversary Week
Monday 5/9 – Pop-up workout 6:28 am Meet at the North steps of the Field Museum . This is our original workout location back in the day.
- Parking is Metered off of Columbus. Free on Indiana in between 14th and 16th but not plentiful.
- Red Line stop at Roosevelt is .6 miles away
Wednesday 5/11 – Lakeview location 6:28 am. Bring your #grassrootsgear or get there early and bring stuff to get tagged. 100+ people strong for this workout so #recruiteveryone.
Friday 5/13 – Millennium Park at the Bean (AKA Cloud Gate) 6:00 am. Same thing applies from Wednesday’s workout. 100+ people strong. Get there early if you want your gear tagged.
Friday 5/13 – Flash Mob Run/Social Event 6:00 pm at The North Face Store. We will leave the store bewteen 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm.
- Stop 1 – Castways
- Stop 2 – lululemon athletica Halsted
- Stop 3 – New Balance Chicago
- Final Stop – Sheffield’s Beer & Wine Garden
Plan on joining us as we run through the city. Join in wherever you can. Giveaways, discounts, food & drink will be offered at each store including a special beer made just for us at New Balance by CHAOS Brew Club!!! Andrew has volunteered to shuttle any and all gear between locations.
#somanyhyperlinks #novemberproject #freefitness #2yearsandcounting #chicagostrong
Share via socials: