We often use the blog here to update our Boston community on the goings on and things of note, and today, we’re going to only briefly discuss the fact that the workout this morning was a good dose of free fitness filled with partners, arm things, leg things, core things, and running. And if that doesn’t inspire you to show up to the workout NEXT Monday… Underground at Ink Block at 6:29am, then please let the following statement be your inspiration: Mondays are inspiring. They are fun and hard and worth getting out of bed for. They are when you meet new people, how you start your Monday and your week off juuuust right, and they remind you how much of a badass you truly are–which is a good perspective to take on yourself, no matter the day of the week. So get it, for free, just by showing up. Next Monday, RIGHT HERE (map), at 6:29am, on Oct 7th. You will be happier, healthier, and basically a better version of you if you do show up. So be there.
And other than Monday mornings, which really are pretty darn social, the next best thing for building NP community is happening in just 2 short weeks: our next NP social is happening on Oct. 16th, a WEDNESDAY night. That’s right…some of us will be climbing stairs at 5:30am that morning, and we’ll also be catching up and enjoying each other’s company that evening.
The night will go down like this:
PART 1: The Volunteer Opportunity Info Session. OCTOBER 16th 6pm – 7:30pm
- NP Boston is partnering with Playworks, a non-profit organization that provides coaching and support for children during recess times at their schools, in order to make those physical and social times more positive and more successful (sound like NP?!?)
- NP community members (LIKE YOU!) are invited to help as volunteers in this partnership.
- You can show up to learn more about what this volunteer opportunity would look like, how much time it would take, and all other information/questions will be provided & answered.
- We will talk, PLAY, and generally have a good time, so come check it out even if you’re unsure how involved you might want to be!
- Location: Landry’s Bicycle Shop at 1048 Commonwealth Ave. Brighton, MA.
PART 2: The Social (also October 16th) 7:30pm – bedtime
- Come for the hugs, come for the conversation, come for some leftover playtime from the info session…just show up.
- We will either be hanging out right at Landry’s or we’ll move to somewhere very, very nearby for some good old-fashioned NP social time, where you get to talk to and connect with those other folks you tend to only see very early in the morning while you’re all sweating.
- This is a good opportunity to bring some folks who you’ve been wanting to recruit to workouts, but who have all the reasons in the world for not showing up. Sometimes meeting real people is the best recruiting tactic in the book.
Any questions about the volunteer stuff or the social, please reach out to me (Emily).
Finally, we’ve got two more workouts this week: Wednesday morning at Harvard Stadium, 5:30am & 6:30am. It’s the perfect time of year to get to these workouts and fall in love with the early morning. Yup, it’s a little dark, but more people makes it brighter. Yup, it’s kinda chilly in the early hours, but more people moving warms us all up quickly. It’s just a good thing to do, and if you’ve been thinking about it and hesitating, please use this sentence as a kick in the pants to just get there: What are you waiting for? Just. Show. Up.
Friday: hills on Summit Ave. in Brookline. We meet at the top of Corey Hill Outlook Park at 6:29am and it just won’t be the same without you. If you’ve come to another NP_BOS workout but never the hills, then please check it out. It really is for you. It IS for you…no matter your speed, your intensity, your self-determined “ability” to do it. We’re telling you, it’s for you. You can walk, you can run, you can move your body and we’ll be really happy that you’re there. Just. Show. Up.
Have a great week!Share via socials: