Maybe there’s a theme going on here with top hits and November Project but with last weeks skating, skating on the Rideau Canal chant and this weeks Carly Rae Jepsen number we might be on to something. With that in mind, we highly encourage you to blast this tune in your car maybe ask the bus driver to crank it up or share it with a colleague.
Hey, I just met you and this is crazy
But here’s my number, so call me maybe
Well, you don’t actually have to call the person whose number you are now holding in your hand. However, the intention of this workout is simple and clear. To move your Wednesday morning ritual beyond the hours of 7am and connect with someone you have yet to meet or connect with. Can you remember the first time you showed up to November Project Ottawa? You may have asked someone hesitantly if you were in the right location, you may have been there at 6:15 #keener or maybe you were slightly embarrassed that you would wake up so early for something you barley knew about. However you expressed yourself that first time. We have all experienced it. And the goal of today’s workout beyond from moving your body alongside many other humans is to expand your connections with this group of people in Ottawa. By reaching out to them after the workout. It’s actually quiet simple, you send them a text or give them a good old ring to let them know how much they are owning, crushing, soul shaking their day. I mean you did workout before the sun even rose this morning so you all crushed your day. Dish out some fuck yeahs to that new phone number that is so neatly folded in your pocket.
Just to be clear, we are not the texting or phone call police nor do we have everyone’s phone number, one can dream though. This is a time where you take things into your own hands, just like when you showed up for that first time. Maybe you can think about all those feelings that ran through you after your first workout, maybe you decide to share what your first workout was like and what made you come back. Maybe it was a person remembering your name, maybe it was the challenge of stairs or the sweet dampness of winter. The moral of this blog is to dish out some fuck yeahs and bring yourself closer to those you move alongside here in Ottawa. Who knows maybe your next best friend, future mother in law, teacher or fellow coffee connoisseur is burpee-ing right beside you.
Thanks for sharing your morning and smiles with us here’s to more love and #bringingsolestogether in the 613
Lauren and Liz
- TEXT or CALL the phone number on your folded up piece of paper like ASAP yesterday.
- Saturday, February 15th at 8AM meet us at the Ritz on the Canal (Queen Elizabeth and Fifth Avenue skating entrance) on the canal for November Project on Ice 2.0 #bringingbladestogether See link below https://www.eventbrite.com/e/november-project-on-ice-tickets-91363425465?aff=ebdssbdestsearch&fbclid=IwAR3W0xp2i5PyXQoXqnCLznFu2jRxQFHhMffXJ4jhirSLURirvJsDzhZQeQA
- Monday, February 17th 6:29am meet us with your family for a Holiday Pop-Up workout at the Aberdeen Pavilion
- Wednesday, February 19th we are meeting back on the ice: Underneath the Bank Street Bridge #skatingworkout
- You BUFF-believe it! Buffs are great for carrying a mass amount of food when you don’t have a bag, try it with some blueberries tonight when you get home. Seriously did you notice the artwork on the buffs it’s one continouis line to connect all the 52 cities together. $5 get one before their all gone!