– Winter is Coming (also it’s here)
– Thanksgiving Pop Up
– October Tags
– Halloween Karaoke
I’m sure you all woke up this morning and peeked out your windows giddy to see the surprise of a winter wonderland outside. Okay, yes maybe giddy is the wrong word. Maybe there were some groans or sighs but winter is coming *weather* we like it or not. See what I did there?!
Let’s quickly chat about dressing for the colder workouts. Yes we are #weatherproof but that only applies if we dress appropriately, so what does that look like? Here are some of the basics.
– Dress in layers, starting with a thermal as a base layer, something that will wick away moisture as you start to work up a sweat.
– Wear a windproof/waterproof outer layer. This will cut that windchill and help keep you dry.
– Wear wool socks, this is very important as sometimes runners can let in a bit too much cold. Even layer up those socks on the really frigid days.
– Wear a buff or two or ten. Buffs are great for keeping ears covered, for warming necks and for covering cheeks. They are also great for warming up the air as you are breathing so it’s less of a shock to your system as it enters your lungs.
– Wear mitts instead of gloves. When it’s chilly, our little fingers like to keep warm together, separating them with gloves will keep them cold.
Thanksgiving Pop Up Workout!
– Date: Monday, October 14th
– Time: 7:14am at the Skate Park at the Forks
Bring that friend who always says they can’t make it due to work or that 6:14 is just too early. Lets all get silly for a Gobble Gobble workout. Open invite to anyone and everyone for breakfast at Stellas on Provencher (CCFM).
Last Friday we had 31 shirts tagged at our first of four October Tag Fridays. We have a little bit of a bet going on between the three co-leaders to see how many members will get all four tags and the tree. Prove us wrong and lets see 31 shirts tagged four times. Bring that shirt back to the workout tomorrow for your second tag! Thank you Jody for your help last Friday.
Wednesday, October 30th we will be delivering a dirty double! First we will start the day off right with a Halloween workout, be sure to dress warm and dress up! Then you may choose to change costumes or keep the same one for our Halloween Karaoke event the VERY SAME DAY at Limelight. All the details for this event are in the Facebook Event. https://www.facebook.com/events/394331757906959/ Feel free to invite a friend, your cousin or even your kid!
Quick Sept-Oct Recap:
Finishing off the blog with a little recap of the last few weeks.
We had another great turnout at the Peg City Scramble V despite the downpour. I have never seen so many soaked humans but I can honestly say that is some of the most fun I’ve ever had at a Scavenger Hunt. Megan added a little twist this year with a million squats and burpees. Dudes, I was legit dead after this. Thank you to everyone who volunteered, brought food items for Winnipeg Harvest or participated in anyway!
This past weekend a good number of November Project members raced the Hecla Half Marathon/10km. Congratulations to PJ for her first place finish in the Half Marathon and to Christina for her third place finish in the 10km. Add this to your list of races to do next year. I promise you that the spa access afterwards is pure bliss.
See you all tomorrow morning for our first snow workout of the year! I hope you’re all as excited as I am!
~ Wintery YShare via socials: