Spring is officially up in this biyatch, and there was much rejoicing. The weather was great and the south side of the memorial was greater, as we broke out the old “Hot Mess” workout. Grab a partner and dosey doe (editor’s note – dat dosey doe). One person runs the south stairs while their partner does burpees at the bottom….followed Superman’s, finally, a plank. Once the rotation has finished, the partners pull the old switcharoo on who runs the stairs. Repeat until swole.
It’s a tough one, but it gets the job done. Also, since we stick to one side and everybody is in the same area the whole time and there is a lot of positive chatter…which I love. Mostly because it keeps people distracted from cussing me out.
A few notes:
- Don’t buy a stopwatch for $10 at CVS unless you want to have to start the timer with a pencil when the button falls off.
- The NP camera is the bane of my existence. I don’t need the 25 pictures per second setting, I need flash. Yet, this seems to be the hardest setting to find. What happened to the disposable cameras?
- Combining the first two notes – maybe I should start buying my cameras at CVS and not my watches.
- I should probably subscribe to Spotify. Sorry for the ads, guys :(. Unless somebody switches to Sprint or buys a Chevy Cruze. In which case, I want some kick back on that shit.
- #NP_IND tribe is a squad of straight badasses. This group never ceases to amaze me with their determination and drive, it is inspiring. That competing (NOT FREE) fitness group that was trying to take over our side didn’t know what do. We encourage fitness for all…but, let’s face it, we are better. ‘Nuff said.
- Warm weather keeps bringing the newbies. Another several were there this morning and it made it that much better. Keep showing up and keep bringing friends!!
- The “itis” seems to have struck a few NP core members, we missed you guys! Feel better soon, especially because….
Next week is RACE DAY! Bring your need for speed and your gear to be tagged because we should finally be able to have the weather to tag again.
(6:15am squad. HAM)
Until next Wednesday….have a GREAT WEEK!!
Share via socials: