We’ve all been there: new kid in class, moving to a new town, new job…showing up to a workout for the first time at some crazy hour of the morning with hundreds of other people – we’ve all been there.
We deal with first times all the time and they can be scary. We do our best at NP to congratulate the new timers that choose to just show up. We even get them to raise their hand so they are easy to spot but I’ll admit we could use a hand (pun only slightly intended).
Making friends as adults is hard – not exactly an insightful/groundbreaking blog topic I know. We all know that we should sleep more, stretch/roll more, and that we should be kinder to one another. Sometimes we can find ourselves saying that we ‘just don’t have the time’ or that ‘we’ll do more when life calms down.’ The reality is that there is no perfect time. No great plan to put into action. It’s slow and consistent effort that makes the difference. That’s how you enact change. When it comes to meeting new people it can be hard and daunting. Look to this blog not as some great wisdom but as a reminder that being new can be hard – reach out and make it easier for others. Say hi, shout some words of encouragement, or maybe give out a high five.
We could all use a little ‘nice’ in our lives. Have a great weekend.
Keep being awesome,
- Monday – westside of James Macdonald bridge
- NP Bowling Social:
- It has been far too long since we planned an NP social event, so we figured it would be a great way to kickoff November.
- We’re reserving a ton of lanes for an afternoon of throwing balls down lanes. Everyone is invited, even the kids!
- Get your ticket through Eventbrite if you plan on coming so we can make sure there’s a spot saved for you and so that you can bowl. Reserving your ticket here is free, but you will have to pay for your bowling/shoes/snacks/drinks when you are at Plaza Bowling.
- Reserve your tickets Here (password is verbal)
- Brogan and Bojan are coming to Edmonton:
- You may or may not have heard that the founders of NP, Brogan and Bojan are making their return to Edmonton at the start of November.
- They’re going to be joining us to spread magic, free fitness dust on all of us at the Royal Glenora Stairs on November 6th. You’ll want to be there.
- They’re also going to be doing a keynote at the Ignite 360 Conference in Kananaskis from November 7-9th.
- If you’re interested in heading to the conference, we’ve been given a NP rate to the conference. Follow this link for details on the conference and to get the NP discount, or type in the promo code “I360NovProj19” when registering.