Folks, July 21 is going to be big. Like, DOUBLEHEADER BIG.
That’s right, on what will surely be summer’s hottest Saturday, NPDC is bringing a double dose of special events to the table. And we hope to see you for both. Here’s the lineup:
Game 1 — Dragon Boat Racing!
- WHAT: Race rowing boats up & down the Anacostia River & then BBQ riverside!
- WHERE: Anacostia Community Boathouse (1900 M St. SE, Washington DC 20003)
- WHEN: Saturday, July 21, 3:30-7pm
FINE PRINT: Guys, this is for real! Thanks to an incredibly generous offer from our friends at the DC Dragons Boat Club, we are getting a #FreeFitness opportunity to take out three 20-person dragon boats on the river. Dragons’ instructors will coach us through how to be at our best (and safest) on the water, and then we’ll spend an hour rowing our hearts out and exploring DC in a new, exciting way!
Once off the water, we’ll keep the party going with a potluck-style BBQ (please consider bringing a small dish) on the banks of the Anacostia! Again, our hosts are being so gracious to give access to their space, their boats and their coaches for this special opportunity!
— Confirm you’re coming via the Facebook event
— Follow these steps to fill out a waiver (IMPORTANT)
- Click on link and type in your email to get a validation code
- Open your email to get validation code
- Use code to access and fill out waiver
Game 2 — Crystal City Twighlighter 5K
- WHAT: Race a 5K, represent NPDC, WIN another trophy in the Run Club Throw Down
- WHERE: 2121 Crystal Drive, Crystal City VA
- WHEN: Saturday, July 21, 8:30pm (arrive at 7:45pm for pre-race activities)
FINE PRINT: Remember last year? Remember the euphoria of victory as NPDC represented like we know we can — bringing out dozens of people to race & cheer — and ending the night sipping beer out of the championship trophy? That’s once again the goal in 2018. As any sports fan knows, however, repeating is NEVER EASY. That’s why we need everyone from the boathouse to boatpool/carpool/bikepool/swimpool over to Crystal City to participate, whether you can run or cheer.
We will start the night waving our flag proudly during the Parade of (“running club”) Nations, then compete as fiercely and as friendly in the following Throw Down categories — Biggest (most participants!), Fastest, Smartest (scavenger hunt during race week), and Strongest (social media — use #RCThrowdown starting NOW). We’ll end the night sipping beer from our new trophy (yes, Cohen, confidence!).
Register for the 5K HERE. Enter team name November Project DC under the “Community Run Club” Category & use the Team Code Twilighter119X
So how’s that sound? A refresher:
- 4-7pm — Row boats & BBQ
- 7:45-9:30pm — Parade & 5K bragging rights race
Cool? Into it?