Our baseball workout has a little of everything. For those who showed up today you had a little running, some lower body work – Hoisty Js, some upper body work – pushups, some core work – sit-ups and a tackle-the-whole-body work – burpees!
But, better than the well planned out, hit everything program (kudos to Nadim who dreamt/stole this workout) is the fact that you get to interact with your people throughout it all! Hoisty Js don’t work without a partner. Trio pushup high 5s won’t go down unless there are 2 others to join you. And you need a quartet to belt out your sit-up ABCs. That’s why we actually choose to show up. It’s not about the run, the squats, the pushups, situps or burpees… it’s about the people. The ones who light up because you came.
I heard a great speaker the other week and am reading her book. One of the things she talks about is the power of a “light up”. You know that feeling you get when someone is really excited to see you – they light up and in turn, you light up. Or when you get to see your friend that you haven’t seen in a while and you can’t help but smile and probably yell their name and hug them – you’re lit up! People know they matter when others light up for them. I see this happen every morning at November Project – you all lighting up for each other. It is amazing to watch, and I watch with great pride.
A takeaway for this week – consider how do you light up for others and who lights up for you?
- Wednesday – Commonwealth Stadium – “Bring a Newbie Day” & Race Day
- Friday – Walterdale Hill – Grassroots Gear Tagging Day
Save the Dates for June – August
- Wednesday, June 5 – Yearbook Photos (no official theme but is it Global Running Day, pretty much Running’s Birthday…)
- Wednesday, June 26 – Old 96er – first chance of the season
- Monday, July 1 – Canada’s Birthday – You can count on a fun, awesome workout!!
- Monday, July 15 – Friday, July 19 – NP Canada Birthday Week Celebrations!
- Wednesday, August 28 – Old 96er – last chance of the season
Until next time…SMILE! JShare via socials: