Even after 5 1/2 years, it is super exciting to have the local media out to do a story on
If you’ve had a chance to watch the coverage you may have been left pondering how we can be 5 1/2 years old but claim to have survived 7 winters.
- Winter 2013
- Winter 2014
- Winter 2015
- Winter 2016
- Winter 2017
- Winter 2018
- & most recently Winter 2019
See, 7 Winters😉 All of them possible because you each choose to #justshowup!
Here are some other November Project Canada facts that you may or may not know:
- The very first NP Canada workout was held at Kinsmen on July 15, 2013.
- Edmonton was the first Canadian city to build an NP community & hence we will always be known as NP Canada
- Edmonton was the 4th city worldwide to host a November workout – there are now 49 NP cities across the world.
- There has been an NP workout in Edmonton each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday since July 22, 2013 – even on Christmas mornings! That’s a total of 297 Mondays 297 Wednesdays & 297 Fridays for a grand total of 891 workouts. And add in the original that makes a grand, grand total of 892 workouts to date!
- We hosted a real wedding one morning at a workout – for real!
- The first time the Old 96er was run (that’s the complete lower & upper bowls of Commonwealth Stadium) only 3 people finished – Andrew, Judy, and Cathleen
- On the first -30 day, it was -37 and 37 people showed up.
- The largest NP Canada workout was held at Commonwealth Stadium and 450 people made their way through Gate 2 to tackle the stairs.
- The first Friday hill was the 98th Ave path up to 101 Ave.
- Actual maple leaves were used for the first few seasons of tagging grassroots gear.
- The first NP buff was only available in Edmonton and a limited number were released.
- How many of the buffs do you have? 2014 light blue->2015 black->2016 yellow->2017 blue->2018 orange->2019 teal
- The only Edmonton leader to be the star of a We Missed You blog post has been Andrew. I was really relieved that I wasn’t the first leader to miss accidentally!
So there are some pieces of trivia that may or may not be helpful, however, if they ever make
Did you catch us on Global this morning but have never come to November Project and you are wondering if it’s for you? Here’s
Why not start this Monday? We’ll be at Emily Murphy Hill at 6 AM.
Monday doesn’t work, try Wednesday. We’ll be at the Royal Glenora Stairs, also at 6 AM.
Monday and Wednesday out? Join us Friday, you’ll find us at Walterdale Hill at, yup, you guessed it, 6 AM.
Until next time…SMILE! JShare via socials: