There are 52 weeks in a year, so theoretically about 52 Fridays. Today was one of them.
When you look at it like that, 52 isn’t a whole lot. How much anything can you buy for $.52? 52 seconds doesn’t even make a whole minute, and 52 minutes is a scant hour. Kyle Pietari doesn’t even think 52 miles is a lot, because when he hits that mile marker in the Leadville 100, he’s barely half-way done.
So each and every one of those Fridays means something. It’s important. Important enough to wake up, lace up, dress up, and show up for. EVEN WHEN YOU DON’T FEEL LIKE IT.
On this single Friday of the 52 in 2016:
- The tribe traded Capozzi to Philly for a few visitors from the city of brotherly fitness and NYC. And a handful of Newbies.
- Bojan showed up.
- The sunset was beautiful. Again.
- We ran full hills. No we didn’t. We ran front hills only. Record your hill reps.
- The workout was STRANGER DANGER (you find a stranger and run with them, while making them “not a stranger anymore.” If you are seen by a co-leader running solo, you are in DANGER of doing as many burpees as they tell you.)
- More friends were made than burpees were burped.
- Some solid Stranger Danger advice for the weekend: 1. If a stranger offers you candy, don’t get in his van. 2. Don’t take a drink from the random dude at the bar.
- Was that advice too dark? Maybe. Good advice? Definitely.
See you all Monday at the Charlestown Navy Yard. #Verbal your face off now–because fuck the impending snow and get your snow pants back out. 1 of 52 #average Monday workouts await you.