There’s no non-cliched way to say it: We can’t believe it’s been a year. A year since the free fitness revolution we all know as November Project welcomed our amazing city into their global community. A year of bounces, sprints, burpees, and finisher tunnels. A year of sweat, smiles, and social media.
And we’ve all heard it before, but that’s because it’s always been true: November Project offers a way to find friends, a way to build community, a way to get to know your city, in a way that few other things do. We love that people who just moved to the East Bay show up and make their first friends at November Project. We love that people who have lived here for decades find a new group of humans to share the city with. We love that parents come with children, that OGs come with newbies, and, of course, we love it when anyone shows up with a dog. #dogsofNP
Until the idea of a November Project in Oakland became a real thing, we (Rebecca and Alex) never imagined we’d be November Project leaders. We didn’t make this thing. You all did. The folks who commuted (and still do!) to and from NPSF with #carpoolgang. The folks who spread the word about a new and thriving NP chapter in the East Bay. The folks who organize camping trips, happy hours, trail relays, and cheergangs.
The real November Project Oakland was the friends we made along the way.
- UNOFFICIAL HAPPY HOUR TONIGHT: If you want to keep celebrating our collective birthday today, meet up at Mad Oak tonight anytime after 6:30pm! Thanks to Samia for organizing!
- PR WEDNESDAY: Next Wednesday is everyone’s favorite: PR Wednesday. Meet up at the Cleveland Cascade steps, instead of our usual spot, at 6:28am.
- YEARBOOK PHOTOS: We’ll be taking our annual NP Oakland yearbook photos during our regular workout on June 5. This is one workout you don’t want to miss. Theme: WARRIORS. More details TBA.
- GLOBAL RUNNING DAY: Next month we’re merging our monthly happy hour with Mascot Sports and East Bay Beer Runners to celebrate Global Running Day. Meet up at Old Kan Beer and Co. next Wednesday, June 5 anytime after 6:30pm.
- Did you read all the way to the bottom? Be like Hadar, read the whole blog, know the secret password of “Bird is the Word” and get a little prize at next weeks workout.