By the time I finish this blog & post it, you’ll probably be in your seat, reading this post and anxiously avoiding switching to “Airplane Mode.” Order a drink while you can. I hear everywhere else is a lot stricter about drinking.
I’m going to keep this short & sweet, and try to give everyone a chance to learn something from my #SoleSendOff. Your friendship has provided me with more than I could have ever asked for. You have taught me and so many others how to go pursue your dreams. You have shone bright and have begun to change the world. So the following list includes a few of the things you have taught me (and for the sake of this blog post, everything y’all can learn from Soledad).
- Work Hard, Play Harder – We can’t accomplish our goals without putting in the work. You have to give your school work or office work or homework or whatever-work the proper amount of time & attention to get it right. And when you do, you then earn the right to celebrate it & play harder. Put in the work when you have the time and don’t procrastinate so that you can enjoy life with a little less stress.
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff – You are one of the best examples of a person who does what she wants to do and doesn’t worry about the little things that in the long run won’t matter. You appreciate the big things and let the little details that may cause you stress fade to the background.
- Surround Yourself with Good People – this one is obvious. But I think by continually showing up and recruiting and repping our tribe, you’ve given all of us a great friend to have around.
- Laugh A Lot and Have Fun – Has anyone ever seen Soledad sad? Because I haven’t (except for today when we were not not crying). Your life and those lives around you are better because of your constant desire to want to have fun.
- Never Stop Trying To Change the World – Watch out San Francisco… You’re about to get a bundle of joy, laughter, and intelligence that you may or may not be able to handle. Feel free to send her back to us. We will be here with open arms.
The fact of the matter is, this blog is the best way I can truly say thank you; thank you for the laughs, the lessons, the car rides, the adventures, the tears, and so much more. More than anything, thank you for being here and thank you for being my friend. This tribe was lucky to have you.
- #TeamDad has 8 Points. #TeamMom has 7 Points.
- Vote on Picture Day Theme HERE