When I first stepped on as a co-leader of November Project New Orleans, I was basically given free reign. Lou essentially told me, “You’ve got the energy and the time. Make this tribe into something bigger than it already is.” But I had no idea what that really meant at the time… More socials? More verbals? More days of the week? More Taylor Swift?
As I reflect on the past year and a half of leading though, I’ve come up with my reasons why I am so unbelievably confident that our tribe is not only crushing it, but we’ve also become a true force to be reckoned with.
- Check out the comments on the past few weeks of social posts. Check out our Facebook group. Send a few texts the day before the workout and people in NOLA finally know what it truly means to verbal. This tribe is here to hold each and every one of its members accountable. By giving your verbal, you’re vowing to be there for not only your friends, but also yourself.
- I cannot think of a workout in the past few weeks where we haven’t had a newbie. THAT IS THE BEST. It means that y’all are sharing your stories outside of the workouts. It means you want this movement to impact more people every chance we can. It means we are going to continue growing and becoming more and more known in our town.
- Find me another free group in this city that is impacting over 100+ people on a weekly basis. We are HUGE. We are GROWING. We are making an IMPACT.
- When I first joined, our socials extended to tagging at the fly and drinking. Now, we’ve got impromptu drinks, rock wall climbing days and outings at the Baby Cakes game. For me, this is the best part. When I moved to NOLA and didn’t know anyone, I relied on NP to provide me with friends and a community. And now we’re just proving to ourselves that we can show up for each other beyond that 6-7am time slot on MWF.
- When we show up to races or events in our #grassrootsgear, people know our name… but even better, they recognize the power of this movement and the compassion that guides us. We’re not a group of fast runners or cocky athletes; we’re known as a community of athletes of all shapes and sizes that is welcoming to everyone. The only rule is to just show up… And people are starting to realize it.
I wanted to share this list with you because of a comment I made this morning.
November Project New Orleans is no longer the red-headed stepchild of this movement. We are respected for so many reasons. We crush workouts three times a week. We are fast. We are fit. We are strong. We are the shit. And now I hope you’ll take this as a challenge to continue repping NOLA.
Ways to do it? See the announcements below. But more than any of those things, keep showing up. And win your day.
- NP SUMMIT – Find more information here. https://november-project.com/the-2018-endurance-challenge-calendar-npsummit-location-discount-codes/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/1506688366083865/
- BABY CAKES GAME – Register here: https://groupmatics.events/event/Novemberproject
- PRIDE RUN – Sign up here with “NOVPROJ” – http://runnotc.org/races/2018/pride.shtml
- Passionate about bringing something to the tribe? Just reach out to me or Glenn. We will help you make it happen.
Peace homies.Share via socials: