Last week marked 52 weeks of virtual workouts. One whole year of workouts on Zoom. We know. We can’t believe it either!
Thank you to everybody who has continued to show up during this time. We are truly grateful. Whether you showed up for one virtual workout or all of them, showed up for the virtual socials and/or coffee, or showed up by continuing to stay in touch, thank you! We couldn’t have done it without you. However you choose to show up, we’re glad you’re here!
While the past year has been challenging (to say the least), we’ve been reflecting on some of the good things that have come from going virtual. Highlights include:
- Sleeping in a little later thanks to reduced travel time (getting to the living room for a workout takes a lot less time than getting to the Rogers Centre).
- Shorts all year round (aka we don’t have to be weatherproof). Since most of us have been working out indoors, we can wear shorts no matter what the weather forecast says! Though if you’re on #Team Shorts, then I guess this isn’t that big of a change for you. 😉
- Virtually traverballing to other cities. How fun has it been to be able to visit other NP cities virtually and workout with them?
- Connecting with members all over the world. It’s been really nice to have members who have moved away or are on vacation still be able to join us for workouts. We’ve had people join us from South Africa, Ireland, Scotland, and other parts of Ontario like Kenora (which is in another timezone!) and Hamilton. Former co-leaders Michelle and Sam even guest-led a throwback workout!
- Guest-led workouts. This year has also seen more guest-led workouts with the added challenge of designing and leading a workout on Zoom. From Ben and Eric T.’s tabata workout, to Krista and Frank’s summer themed playlist workout (with Frank teaching us some dance moves), to Lorna and Gillian’s Eurovision workout, to this morning’s St. Patrick’s Day workout led by Hugh and Simon, we’ve been lucky to have such a fun array of workouts led by our members. Brian and Matt have also given us something to look forward to by regularly organizing HIIT and yoga workouts on Mondays and Fridays. If you ever have a workout idea, let us know!
- Creative socials. Our social committee has always done an amazing job with planning our monthly PR day social. The past year has definitely stretched their creativity. Thank you to Matt, Katherine, Eric H., and Brian for giving us something to look forward to (sometimes more than once a month). Some highlights include virtual beverage pong, The Price is Right, movie nights, trivia, spa night, art night, Nadia’s cooking lesson, living room camping/build your own fort, and more. Got a social idea? We’d love to hear it!
What are some of your favourite memories from the past year? Let us know in the comments.
This week marks a new year since the COVID-19 pandemic changed our lives in March 2020. While we don’t know what this year will bring, we are hopeful that at some point, we will be able to start working out together in-person again. While the timing of all of this remains unknown, we know that we will continue to find ways to connect in the meantime. If you ever have any questions, feedback or ideas, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. If you would like to remain anonymous, you are always welcome to send us feedback anonymously via November Project Toronto Comment Box.
- The Battle of Ontario challenge starts today and we need your participation as we go head-to-head with November Project Ottawa! Check out the spreadsheet for details. Be sure to use #NPBattleofOntario if you share your progress on social media. Next week we will come together for an ultimate virtual hockey themed workout. You don’t want to miss it!
- Going Beyond the Land Acknowledgement with Elder Dr. Dave Courchene – Open to all November Project members on Monday, March 29. Sign up here.
- March PR Day Social – Join us on Wednesday, March 31 at 7:30 p.m. We may not be able to travel right now, but we can still travel virtually and explore Canada together! Details will be posted in our Facebook Social page and on our Google Calendar.
- Buff – We only have 5 left! Order before it’s too late. Stay tuned for pick-up details!
- Got a social idea but don’t want to commit to the committee? We’re hoping people will sign up to host one month’s social! Just one! It can be with Brian/ the coleaders, some other buddies, or on your own! Sign up here.
Have a great day!
Steph and MeiShare via socials: