Some things take longer than others. A few weeks ago, we had a heart2heart about verbals. Today, after 9 months of recruiting, I finally had someone make good on a slow-cooked verbal. Never give up folks. I even committed to driving my new recruit this morning to make sure they showed up.
I’m not sure if this happens to any of you, but when we first started, I was afraid of being put up on the We Missed You page. After a few months, I put on my big boy pants and became somewhat ok with a post going on there if I were to ever sleep through a workout. However, last night, I woke up every 15 minutes from 3am until my alarm went off at 4:50am. It first started when I dreamt that I woke up at 730am to a string of texts from Jen and Andrew talking about how they’re going to put me on the We Missed You Wall. That wasn’t what worried me. What worried me, was that my new recruit, after 9 months, committed to coming this morning. She took some vacation time just so that she would be able to come see what November Project is all about. (maybe not, but I’m going to keep telling myself that). I woke up and felt like the absolute worst person because not only was I not going to be there, I was supposed to bring her to the workout! Luckily for me, I then rolled over and saw that the clock said 3am. With my heart racing still racing (#raceeverything) from narrowly avoiding the title of Worst Person of All-Time, I tried to go back to sleep, but just kept waking up every 15 minutes in case I would miss my alarm. In case you’re wondering, I once missed a flight to Hawaii, but that’s a story for another day. What I want you to take away from this story is that I woke up too early today. That whole part about some verbals take time… well you don’t need to remember any of that.
To everyone who brought someone new today, I am proud of you, and I also hope you had a better sleep than me!
Let’s keep spreading the good word of the free fitness movement.
STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OR ELSE YOU’LL BE SAD
Friday: Emily Murphy Park
Monday: NP Talent Show
- Each person will have no more than 30 seconds to show off their talent.
- Your talent can be ANYTHING. Judging will be based on Natural Born Talent, Number of out loud laughs for realz (#lols4realz) and level of badassivity.
- Bring your own props and your own costumes.
- Someone will win a prize.
- Ol’ 96er. This is completing the lower bowl AND the upper bowl. If you plan on trying to finish the Ol’ 96er, you need to be at the stadium for 5:30am. Bring a light if you’re scared of monsters or if you’re not a cat. #safetythird. You will have slightly under an hour to complete. Only 3 people have ever completed it.
- Not the Ol’96er. If you don’t want to try the Ol’96er, show up at the regular time for a workout that is just as badass, and probably more fun.
Friday September 4th – 7PM – Race the Maze 2.0. Please sign up so we have an idea as to how many people will be there. There will be a charge to get into the maze, but the race is free. More details on that to come. As usual, all ages and all skill levels are welcome.
Final Note: We are so happy to welcome yet another Canadian tribe into the family, November Project Toronto, as well as an almost Canadian tribe, November Project Seattle.Share via socials: