Near the end of every winter, we get a warm spell, and most of us think that we haven’t made it through the winter just yet, and there is still a cold spell to come through. Are we so jaded that good weather seems to be too good to be true? Apparently that is the case. This year, we went from -30 to double digits and since then, we’ve been bracing for that last snow fall. Yes, I remember hearing that we were going to get a few centimetres of snow, but it never happened. I guess even the meteorologists (or are they weathermen and weatherwomen) were scared to declare winter over. Here are some other signs that winter is truly over:
- People hang out longer after the workout.
- You can see people smile instead of their faces being covered.
- The gravel is gone from the sidewalk.
- Hibernating faces return in the mornings.
- There is light at the end of the workout.
- There are more cars on the streets on your way to NP.
- Someone other than Jen is willing to deal with waivers.
- It takes people longer to gather for the photo. (PS. Jen’s gotta go to work, still)
- Andrew wears something other than his green long sleeve.
I’m sure I’m missing some… what else?
Anyway, Monday we’ll be at the Legislature Grounds on a new spot.
Find the Good,