The Denver “5280” (Mile High) crew meets twice weekly at both 5:30 & 6:15 AM:
- WEDNESDAYS: We alternate between CIVIC CENTER PARK and the COLORADO CAPITOL BUILDING STAIRS
- FRIDAYS: We explore our city and meet at DIFFERENT DENVER PARKS (announced Thursdays on FB and IG) for a workout tailored to the venue of the week
So many of the people who call November Project Denver their home connect with others who inspire and challenge them to take on something new and difficult: many race their first 5K, half marathon, marathon, triathlon, and ultramarathon. Whether you are a seasoned athlete, returning from an injury, or you are using fitness as a means to grow your community, November Project Denver will be delighted each and every time you #justshowup – Check out November Project Denver via Facebook and Instagram for the latest happenings!
Currently, two fierce lady coleaders bring the spice to our weekly workouts:
- Gabby Masucci, a Joisey (New Jersey) native realized the best parts of herself when she moved out to Colorado for college. Gabby grew up playing field hockey, ice hockey, and lacrosse and found a true love for running in Colorado. After joining November Project Denver in 2015, she began to explore all that the west had to offer through trail running, camping, and several solo road trips. While Gabby typically works out in the mornings, Wednesdays and Fridays with NP always leave a big smile on her face rain, snow, or shine.
- Co-leader Erin Neil originally hails from the Grand Valley in Western Colorado, the land of high altitude deserts, the world’s largest flattop mountain, and Colorado wine country. She grew up playing soccer, dabbled in ultimate after college, and she discovered November Project as a way of connecting with a community after moving from Boulder to Denver. The lifelong friends Erin met through November Project encouraged her to rediscover her love of trail running, and she enjoys the best of Colorado’s year-round recreation including hiking, camping, backpacking, climbing, mountain biking, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing.
We would be remiss if we didn’t tip our hats to and express sincere gratitude for the coleaders who started and grew November Project Denver:
- NP Denver was started by Dan “Turboletti” Berteletti, a Bostonian who craved the natural playgrounds and freedom of the Colorado lifestyle. Following a year of full immersion with the Boston crew, Turbo had no doubt that the active Denver community would embrace the positive vibes of November Project.
- Co-leader, “Mass General” Molly Thayer played hockey, tennis, soccer, & curling throughout high school. She discovered her love of Boloco burritos while attending Northeastern University, and found balance to her appetite through November Project-BOS before moving to Denver.
- Co-leader, Matthew “Sarge” Sellen has been running and playing team sports since he was 11. During college he discovered lifting weights, but missed the camaraderie of being on a team, so he joined a triathlon club to train for his first Ironman. Leaving the gym behind, Matthew now opts to run and play outside with his friends.
- Co-leader, Ryan “Major Woody” Wooderson grew up in Kansas playing basketball and running before discovering ultimate frisbee in college. It was only on his second tour living in Denver that he discovered the magic of November Project and the benefits of waking up before the sun to work out with his friends.