Happy Race Day (and Mardi Gras too I guess) everyone! Fat Tuesday gave way to Fit Wednesday as racers were up early and in it to win it this morning. We had PRs galore, newbies from all over, and attitudes to inspire even the most ardent Race Day protesters (got ya, Howard)!
Your typical Race Day buffet: up-n-over, 50 situps, u-n-o, 50 pushups, u-n-o, 50 mtn climbers, u-n-o, 25 burpees (don’t forget ’em; they’re the icing on the cake; it’s a cake made with brawn, power, and might…and love), finish off w a nice cold u-n-o. A thorough ass-kicking.
- Major thanks to the paint crew today! Stew, Andy, and Sarah (sorry if I forgot anyone else), thanks a ton!
- Great weather leads to great turnouts, even on Race Day! Awesome job #justshowup-ing and sticking it through this morning everyone!
- Friday’s workout will be at the north spoke of the Circle (facing north on Meridian), 6am.
- Next Wednesday’s workout will be on the southside featuring Shaw-dizzle steering the ship solo. Which reminds me; as the spring weather starts to stick around Indy, let’s get the recruiting hype going strong. That tattoo promise Shaw made way back when still stands!
- I want to highlight Cortney and Brittney being absolute badasses at today’s Race Day. Cortney stuck with us after first #justshowup-ing last Race Day and struggling to finish it. Now this week (three weeks later in a short month) she’s finishing Race Day with time to spare! Brittney (rapper name Lil’ Britt) must have been sandbagging for awhile now (or bailed on Dice’s Tuesday night NP “preparation”) because she shaved off over 2 min from her PR! Awesome job today, ladies! And props to all the other PR pounders out there this morning!
- As a reminder, we do breakfast club (translation: eating fresh, delicious breakfast over good conversation) at First Watch after every 6:15 workout. Any and all are welcome and encouraged to join! We’re usually done a little after 8a.
Have an incredible week!